Imanis Life Sciences is a growing biotechnology/life sciences company based in Rochester, Minnesota, a friendly city ranked in 2018 Top 100 Best Places to Live. Now located in our brand-new laboratory facility. Our mission is to advance pharmacokinetics, and promote widespread adoption of noninvasive in vivo imaging in preclinical and clinical research. We are a leading provider of products and services to accelerate development of viro-immuno-oncology drugs. Our team of dedicated and passionate scientists (PhD, MSc, BSc) works closely with clients to facilitate their research, including study design, generation of custom products, and proposing innovation solutions.
- Perform basic molecular biology tests and experiments, such as qRT-PCR, PCR, transformations, DNA and RNA extractions, and cloning.
- Maintain eukaryotic cell lines.
- Perform cellular and immunologic assays according to standard operating procedures.
- Provide operational support for testing activities including reagent preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment calibration and preventative maintenance.
- Gather, interpret, and record research and data.
- Maintain laboratory stocks, sample storage, ordering, and general lab maintenance.
- Perform in vivo animal studies in support of project goals, including tumor cell implantation, administration of test articles, optical and nuclear imaging
- Perform radioactive uptake assays and BSL2 work in compliance with company policies.
- Adhere to good laboratory practices and standard operating procedures.
- Handle multiple projects/activities concurrently.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology or a related field plus a minimum of 3 years of laboratory experience OR a Master’s degree in Molecular Biology or a related field plus a minimum of 1 year laboratory experience. Advanced knowledge and experience in BSL2 cell culture and molecular biology is required. Experience working with mice is a plus.
Full time. Most hours will be during the regular business day, but occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
Compensation and benefit
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
How to apply
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be requested and background checks will be required prior to start of employment. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.