Scientist in Oncolytic Virotherapy
If you’re looking to utilize your expertise and passion to accelerate the progression of life-saving therapies to the clinic, we’re looking for you.
Imanis Life Sciences is a growing biotechnology/life sciences company based in Rochester, Minnesota, a friendly city ranked in 2018 Top 100 Best Places to Live. Now located in our brand-new laboratory facility. Our mission is to advance pharmacokinetics, and promote widespread adoption of noninvasive in vivo imaging in preclinical and clinical research. We are a leading provider of products and services to accelerate development of viro-immuno-oncology drugs. Our team of dedicated and passionate scientists (PhD, MSc, BSc) works closely with clients to facilitate their research, including study design, generation of custom products, and proposing innovation solutions.
Scientist Open Position:
The Scientist position will contribute to a variety of Imanis activities, primarily related to the development of our oncolytic virus products and services. Primary activities will include:
- Study design, experimental execution, and data analysis in support of oncolytic virus contract research services; projects vary and may have well-defined end-points or include significant and extended R&D components.
- Project coordination, including working closely with sponsors, for the design, reporting, and extension of oncolytic virus contract studies.
- Development and validation of new laboratory assays and procedures.
- Generation and quality control validation of Imanis oncolytic virus products.
- Preparation of scientific posters, presentations, or papers show-casing Imanis innovations.
Primary activities will be related to oncolytic virus products and services, but occasional and similar activities will support the development of other Imanis products and services.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work in a small but growing biotech, to gain experience at all levels of operations and scientific endeavors. Additional activities may include:
- Contributing to grant writing/preparation
- Writing SOPs and other safety or quality documents
- Attending scientific conferences or trade shows
- Contributing to marketing activities
- Managing collaborative projects with other scientists/labs
- Contribute to the development and design of novel oncolytic viruses.
- Plan and execute scientific research projects under minimal supervision.
- Clone, rescue, and characterize oncolytic viruses.
- Be familiar with advances in oncolytic virotherapy.
- Maintain eukaryotic cell lines.
- Work closely sponsors to plan new studies and report study results; write study reports.
- Perform cellular and immunologic assays according to standard operating procedures.
- Contribute to in vivo animal studies in support of project goals, including tumor cell implantation and administration of test articles.
- Contribute to the writing of SOPs and other technical documents.
- Prepare scientific posters, presentations, or papers, and attend conferences as needed.
- Perform BSL2 work in compliance with company policies.
- Work closely and collaboratively with fellow employees
- A Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, or a related field.
- A strong background in virology, including at least two years of experience working with oncolytic viruses and virus engineering (molecular cloning and rescue of new recombinant viruses).
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through publications, posters, or presentations.
Compensation and benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA with an employer match
How to apply
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. References will be requested and background checks will be required prior to start of employment. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.